The massive earthquake that ravaged northeastern Japan earlier this month caused tectonic movements in North Korea, pushing the country up to 5 centimeters to the east, a leading North Korean earthquake expert said Friday.
''Our country observed tectonic movements measuring 2 to 5 centimeters to the east,'' Kang Jin Suk of North Korea's Earthquake Bureau said in an interview with Kyodo News, referring to the magnitude 9.0 quake and subsequent tsunami in Japan on March 11.
''As a result, ground water levels we have monitored started rising and falling sharply immediately after the earthquake,'' Kang, 66, said. ''In other areas, we have seen springs dried up and fish farm water getting muddy, among other phenomena.'' I bet they will ask for compensation - Any excuse to try and get income!
It was the first time a North Korean earthquake expert has spoken to a foreign news organization about issues related to the Japan quake.
Kang said the quake was the fourth biggest in world earthquake history and expressed concern major aftershocks may continue for some time.
''There are views that aftershocks measuring a magnitude of 7 to 8 may continue in the coming years or decades,'' he said. ''It is very a worrying situation.''
Disclaimer: "Neither "onlyagaijin.com" or "onlyagaijin.blogspot.com" or "the controlling writers" shall not be liable whatsoever in tort, contract or otherwise to any person, corporation or other entity in respect of the information. all information contained in the blog is provided without responsibility and all persons, corporations and other entities should satisfy themselves as to the truth and accuracy of the information by their own investigations, enquiries, advices or otherwise"
- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
- Japan - New denim hot pants for Men
- 10 Health Benefits of Green Tea....(100 million+ Japanese can't be wrong!)
- Espionage Conference In Canada discusses Sex, Security, and of course China
- Video footage has emerged of three Australian anti-whaling activists boarding the Japanese whaler Shohnan Maru 2.
- China - The View From Inside The Brutal Prison System...