- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
- Chinese Fake Tesla - has a fish tank in the back seat!
- 10 Health Benefits of Green Tea....(100 million+ Japanese can't be wrong!)
- Guess what these Chinese students are lining up for!
- The Dogs Breakfast: Japan - Phone Company SoftBank warns owners of dro...
- Espionage Conference In Canada discusses Sex, Security, and of course China
Radioactive substances found in breast milk of 5 women in Tokyo
Of samples taken from 41 women in five prefectures, radioactive iodine was detected in the breast milk of a woman in Fukushima Prefecture, and cesium in four others in Tokyo, Fukushima and Ibaraki.
Japan has not set safety levels for radioactive substances in breast milk, but the readings in all five cases were well below the yardstick for tap water consumption by infants under 1 year old.
Members of the group, which had conducted a similar survey in April out of concerns about the impact of the radioactive leaks on mothers and babies, urged local governments to provide testing as many worried mothers have approached them for consultation.
The Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry believes babies will not be exposed to health risks at levels of up to 100 becquerels of radioactive iodine per kilogram of drinking water or 200 becquerels of cesium. The readings logged in the five cases, sampled between April 22 and May 5, were 5.5 becquerels of iodine and 4.8 to 10.5 becquerels of cesium.
Disclaimer: "Neither "onlyagaijin.com" or "onlyagaijin.blogspot.com" or "the controlling writers" shall not be liable whatsoever in tort, contract or otherwise to any person, corporation or other entity in respect of the information. all information contained in the blog is provided without responsibility and all persons, corporations and other entities should satisfy themselves as to the truth and accuracy of the information by their own investigations, enquiries, advices or otherwise"