Comment: These 'HOT HEADS' should of been sacked and banned for their antics - That some of them are well know to do before.
And their punishment ? Go to the Airport and give the other team players souvenirs - WHAT A JOKE!
A Chinese basketball team that got into a brawl with US university players during an exhibition game.
Thursday's match was abandoned after a major fight broke out. A rematch is scheduled for Shanghai on Sunday.
The rumble coincided with a visit to China by US Vice-President Joe Biden.
Chinese Vice-Foreign Minister Cui Tiankai said Bayi team members went to the airport to see the Georgetown team off and exchanged souvenirs.
"My understanding is that it's all cleared up," Mr Cui told reporters.
Amateur video of the fight, shot at the Beijing Olympic Sports Centre Stadium during the goodwill game, spread quickly around the internet and the media.
It showed the team throwing punches and metal chairs while the audience threw water bottles at the American players.
The Georgetown team, known as the Hoyas, are in China on a 10-day trip to coincide with the vice-president's visit.
The matches aimed to use sport to strengthen ties between the two countries in a manner reminiscent of the famous "ping pong diplomacy" of the 1970s, when table tennis matches paved the way for President Richard Nixon's landmark 1972 visit to China.
Instead, the scuffle marked the latest in a chain of on-court brawls by Chinese basketball players, who have been fined by teams around the globe for fighting.
The scuffle drew a disappointed reaction from Chinese fans.
"The Bayi team have really lost face now," one user wrote on the Sina Weibo a popular microblogging website roughly equivalent to Twitter.
"No matter who is right and who is wrong, you have fought the visiting team as the host... especially while their second man in charge is in this country."
Want to see these Hot Heads in Action? Just click on:
- Espionage Conference In Canada discusses Sex, Security, and of course China
- Video footage has emerged of three Australian anti-whaling activists boarding the Japanese whaler Shohnan Maru 2.
- Indonesia, Bali - Massive python strangles security guard at luxury hotel
- An Apology for not posting news or other stuff! The reason was ....
- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
- China - Walmart recalls donkey meat after tests showed that it contained DNA of other animals, incl FOX Meat!