Christmas 2011 – A Birth of a New Tradition - To SAVE LOCAL Jobs!
As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories have kicked into high gear to provide YOUR nations customers with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods --merchandise that has been produced at the expense of local jobs.
TRY and make this year will be different.
There is no longer an excuse that, at gift giving time, nothing can be found that is produced on local hands. Yes there is!
It's time to think outside the box, people. Who says a gift needs to fit in a shirt box, wrapped in Chinese produced wrapping paper?
- Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates from your local hair salon or barber?
- Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.
- Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small owned detail shops & car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.
- For the Gardeners on your list - how about some lovely healthy pot plants or plants for the garden OR even a gift certificate from the local lawnmowing man.
- Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plunking down the Panasonic of a Chinese made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful gift receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or games at the local golf course.
- There are a 10’s of 1,000’s owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift certificates. If your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about a half dozen breakfasts at the local cafe. ***Remember, folks this isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting your home town with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.
- How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or motorcycle, done at a shop run by the local working guy?
- What about a gift certificate from a local home handyman for some chores to be done around the home?
- Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mum? Mum would LOVE the services of a local cleaning lady for a day to clean the house!
- Someone's computer could use a tune-up, & I KNOW I can find some young guy who is struggling to get his repair business up & running.
- Plan your holiday outings at local, owner operated restaurants and leave your server a nice tip. How about going out to see a Movie, Play or ballet at your hometown theater. -Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands.
If you have those kinds of to bucks burn, leave the postman, garbo, ironing lady, cleaner or babysitter a nice BIG tip.
You see, Christmas is no longer about draining Local peoples pockets so that China can build another glittering city.
Christmas is now about caring about for your Country, encouraging our small businesses to keep plugging away to follow their dreams.
When we care about other Locals, we care about our communities, & the benefits come back to us in ways we couldn't imagine.
MAKE THIS the new LOCAL HOME GROWN Christmas tradition.
Forward this to everyone on your mailing list -- This is a revolution of caring about each other, & isn't that what Christmas is about?
Disclaimer and Fair Use Conditions - See My Pages