Japanese auto giant Nissan and German luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz on Sunday announced a tie-up to produce engines in the United States, hailed as their biggest joint project outside Europe.
The two auto firms will jointly produce Mercedes-Benz four-cylinder gasoline engines at an assembly plant in Decherd in the southern state of Tennessee.
Production is expected to begin in 2014, with 250,000 engines being rolled out annually when the plant is up to full capacity, a statement said.
“This is the newest milestone in our pragmatic collaboration and our most significant project outside of Europe so far,” said Renault-Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn.
Daimler and Nissan, which has been in partnership with French automaker Renault for more than a decade, already announced in spring 2010 that they would team up on compact cars.
Disclaimer And Fair Use: Please view My Pages
- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
- Chinese Fake Tesla - has a fish tank in the back seat!
- 10 Health Benefits of Green Tea....(100 million+ Japanese can't be wrong!)
- Guess what these Chinese students are lining up for!
- Espionage Conference In Canada discusses Sex, Security, and of course China
- The Dogs Breakfast: Japan - Phone Company SoftBank warns owners of dro...