- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
- China - The View From Inside The Brutal Prison System...
- Jetstar Airlines Quick Review - 2 Stars at most!
- The Dogs Breakfast: Japan - Phone Company SoftBank warns owners of dro...
- But, Meat Glue May Be the Least of Your Problems when it Comes to Processed Meats
- 10 Health Benefits of Green Tea....(100 million+ Japanese can't be wrong!)
Japan; Toilet maker showcases poo-powered motorbike
Billed as the world's first waste-powered vehicle, the three-wheeler has a toilet in place of a regular seat and huge paper roll at the back.
But manufacturer TOTO was quick to point out that the vehicle's driver would not supply the "gas".
"The biogas it uses as fuel is not made from human waste. It's made from livestock waste and sewage," company spokesman Kenji Fujita said.
"We hope to raise awareness among customers about our green campaign through development of environmentally-friendly products such as water-saving showerheads and water-saving toilets."
The unique motorcycle proved a popular oddity with visitors to TOTO's showroom in a Tokyo suburb on Thursday.
"Customers seem very interested in the vehicle, some are taking photos," a showroom official said.
The company - which makes toilets equipped with an array of features including heated seats, water jets with pressure and temperature controls, and ambient background music - has no plans to commercialise the motorcycle.