- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
- Jetstar Airlines Quick Review - 2 Stars at most!
- China - The View From Inside The Brutal Prison System...
- The Dogs Breakfast: Japan - Phone Company SoftBank warns owners of dro...
- 10 Health Benefits of Green Tea....(100 million+ Japanese can't be wrong!)
- Japan - New denim hot pants for Men
China: Bitcoin sinks after restricts yuan exchanges
Bitcoin has fallen to less than half the value it recently traded for, following reports of fresh action by Beijing to restrict trade in the virtual currency.
BTC China has said that local payment companies have been blocked from providing it with clearing services.
It means that the firm - the world's biggest Bitcoin exchange in terms of trading volumes - can no longer accept yuan-based deposits.
Prices tumbled following the news.
One bitcoin was trading for as low as 2,560 yuan ($421, £258), according to the South China Morning Post
That compares with an all-time high of 7,588 yuan ($1,250; £764) in late November.
Exchanges in other countries also reported drops, with Japan-based MtGox seeing the exchange rate for one bitcoin fall from $717 to as low as $480 in Wednesday's trade.
"A lot of people put Bitcoin's rise over recent months to China where interest in it has gone through the roof," said Emily Spaven, editor of digital currency news site CoinDesk told the BBC.
Read Full Story Here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25428866