- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
- China - The View From Inside The Brutal Prison System...
- Jetstar Airlines Quick Review - 2 Stars at most!
- The Dogs Breakfast: Japan - Phone Company SoftBank warns owners of dro...
- 10 Health Benefits of Green Tea....(100 million+ Japanese can't be wrong!)
- Japan protests over New York Times "Bad Taste" IHT Snow White cartoon about nuclear crisis - HOW DUMB AND INSINCERE!
China: Clash leaves two police, 14 others dead in Muslim Region
Sixteen people have reportedly been killed in a clash in China's far western region of Xinjiang, home to the mostly Muslim Uyghur ethnic minority.
State media reports say police were attempting to detain criminal suspects in Shufu village near Kashgar, the country's westernmost city, when they were attacked by "thugs" armed with explosive devices and knives on Sunday.
Two police officers were killed and 14 of the attackers were shot dead.
A brief government statement says an investigation has been launched and two suspects have been detained.
"Police responded decisively," the statement said.
In recent weeks Chinese authorities have launched a crackdown in the Muslim far west of the country after three ethnic Uyghurs - allegedly seeking Xinjiang independence - self-immolated inside a car in front of Beijing's Tiananmen Gate.
The three attackers all died.
Two others were killed in the incident and another 40 were injured.
Xinjiang, a vast area bordering Pakistan and Central Asia, has followed Islam for centuries.
For years it has seen sporadic unrest by Uyghurs, which rights groups say is driven by cultural oppression and intrusive security measures.
However China attributes the conflict to extremist religion, terrorism and separatism.