- China - The View From Inside The Brutal Prison System...
- Espionage Conference In Canada discusses Sex, Security, and of course China
- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
- Video footage has emerged of three Australian anti-whaling activists boarding the Japanese whaler Shohnan Maru 2.
- The Dogs Breakfast: Japan - Phone Company SoftBank warns owners of dro...
- Japan - New denim hot pants for Men
Singapore: Photo of pork with “halal” label has “serious religious implications,” reported to police
How Pathetic and humorless would someone have to be - to report something like this to the police.
“Allah did not create man so that he could have fun. The aim of creation was for mankind to be put to the test through hardship and prayer. An Islamic regime must be serious in every field. There are no jokes in Islam. There is no humor in Islam. There is no fun in Islam. There can be no fun and joy in whatever is serious.” — Ayatollah Khomeini
“‘Halal’ pork label an insensitive hoax: FairPrice,” by Grace Chua for Straits Times, January 27 (thanks to Halal Pork Shop):
Supermarket chain NTUC FairPrice said an image circulating on the Internet, of its air-flown fresh pork bearing a ‘halal’ sticker, is an insensitive hoax in poor taste.
In a media statement on Monday, FairPrice CEO Seah Kian Peng said: “We understand that an old image of a tampered packaging of FairPrice fresh pork carrying a halal certification mark has again resurfaced on Facebook recently.”
The image, an email hoax from 2007, appears to still be circulating on the Internet today.
He added: “We are mindful of the serious religious implications of this matter and regard this as a wilful act of mischief, and had lodged a report with the Singapore Police then....