- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
- China - The View From Inside The Brutal Prison System...
- Jetstar Airlines Quick Review - 2 Stars at most!
- The Dogs Breakfast: Japan - Phone Company SoftBank warns owners of dro...
- Japan - New denim hot pants for Men
- Japan protests over New York Times "Bad Taste" IHT Snow White cartoon about nuclear crisis - HOW DUMB AND INSINCERE!
South Korea - Victory and Gold Medal for Korean speed skater at Sochi Games triggers outrage......
The Olympic victory of a Korean speed skater competing for Russia has triggered outrage in South Korea, where the government Monday announced a comprehensive inquiry into the national skating body.
The website of the Korean Skating Union (KSU) crashed Sunday under the volume of furious messages blaming its officials for the “defection” of Ahn Hyun-Soo to the Russian team.
Ahn had become a sporting hero in South Korea after winning three golds at the 2006 Winter Games.
But beset by injury problems and after falling out with South Korean skating officials, he fast-tracked Russian citizenship in 2011, took the name Victor Ahn, and competed at Sochi as a Russian athlete.
His gold medal victory in the 1,000-meter short track on Saturday provoked a furious response in South Korea—but with the anger directed squarely at the country’s skating officials rather than at Ahn himself.
More Here: http://www.japantoday.com/category/sports/view/victory-of-korean-speed-skater-competing-for-russia-triggers-outrage-in-s-korea?utm_campaign=jt_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jt_newsletter_2014-02-17_PM