- China - The View From Inside The Brutal Prison System...
- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
- Espionage Conference In Canada discusses Sex, Security, and of course China
- Video footage has emerged of three Australian anti-whaling activists boarding the Japanese whaler Shohnan Maru 2.
- The Dogs Breakfast: Japan - Phone Company SoftBank warns owners of dro...
- Tibetan political prisoner on ‘medical parole’ dies of torture injuries...
Australia - Taiwanese Meatworkers underpaid & encouraged not to pay tax..
The young workers, in the country on working holiday visas, work for major Australian companies such as smallgoods manufacturer Primo through specialist labour hire agencies.
The Australasian Meat Industry Employees Union says the workers are being ripped off, working long hours for little pay.
What is worse, it adds, is that the foreign workers are replacing local workers in towns where the meatworks is a major employer.
Primo told the ABC's 7.30 program that allegations workers are told not to pay tax are untrue.
Veteran slaughterman Robert Baker told the ABC that in the NSW town of Scone, the meatworks, owned by Primo, employs mostly international workers.
Mr Baker has been in the industry for 20 years but lasted only three months at the meatworks before quitting over safety concerns.
He now worries about the Taiwanese friends he has made.
Read Full Story Here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-06/taiwanese-meatworkers-harassed-told-not-to-pay-tax-unions-say/5304258