- Espionage Conference In Canada discusses Sex, Security, and of course China
- Video footage has emerged of three Australian anti-whaling activists boarding the Japanese whaler Shohnan Maru 2.
- Indonesia, Bali - Massive python strangles security guard at luxury hotel
- An Apology for not posting news or other stuff! The reason was ....
- China - Walmart recalls donkey meat after tests showed that it contained DNA of other animals, incl FOX Meat!
- North Korean infamous Camp 16 gulag; notorious prison camp Inmates population expanding...(Video)
Why China “Needs” To Hold Tibet
Oftentimes China is discussed in terms of economic growth or its military expansion in the region. Occasionally news about their environmental problems, including the fact that 28,000 of 50,000 Chinese rivers have disappeared on their maps over the last decade. We also occasionally hear about their human rights abuses or their military occupation of neighboring Tibet.
Very rarely is the continuing occupation of Tibet discussed in light of China’s ecological problems, and the strategic importance of China for maintaining direct control of Tibet (as well as their incorporation of Tibet into China’s logistics network). Beyond simply offering China strategic presence in the Himalayan mountains, control of Tibet offers a great deal of control of South-Eastern Asia’s water resources.